Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2009 don Rodolfo Torrontes


The weather here in southern California has been hot and humid.  Afterwork and as part of re-entry into relaxation land I had this bottle of don Rodolfo Torrontes in the wine fridge so I decided to give it a try. Over the past the few months I've picked up various bottles of wine and really have forgotten what all was in there! I am so glad that I opened this one!  Let's start with the color, it is
a translucent pale golden hue in color.  When I removed the cork, the aroma will filled the air with delicate floral hints of lavender and gardenia  as well as just a hint of honeysuckle.

Once I had the first taste you can taste the wonderful hints of balance and lightness.A very light and fruity wine. My tongue enjoyed the taste of  peaches and hints of citrus that lightly lingers to tempt but another sip. The taste also is delights with some floral undertones. So really refreshing, so really satisfying. When I did some research online I was amazed to find out that the Wine Advocate gave it 90 points! Wine & Spirits listed it as as "Best Buy" as well!

The website says "The VINEYARDS: Soaring to 6,000 feet, Cafayate Valley is one of the world's highest altitude viticultural regions. It lies amid the snow-capped Andes of northwestern Argentina's Salta province, near the border of Bolivia and just below the Tropic of Capricorn." The particular vines are 52 years old!
The taste of this vino is perfect for summer, so be sure to get a bottle or two and enjoy it with a light and summer meal. Priced at about $11.00, it is a fantastic value!

This wine definitely made THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!






No comments:

Post a Comment