Friday, December 21, 2012

Really? 2013 is almost here...

Well, I've had notes written down about several wines I 've tasted, just have not had time to put them here on the blog! Yes, it is the holiday season! That non stop express train that starts right before Thanksgiving, and keeps flying down the tracks until New Years Day!  At our house, I know we're in the finality of the season when I'm on the roof.  As I climb the ladder, start to detach the Christmas lights from the eaves and reflect back at how fast yet another year went by.

When up there on the roof, you have a fantastic view. Gives you the time to reflect and think too. When it's sunny and clear you can see the snow capped mountains in the distance. If you climb up at night, a great view of the Disneyland fireworks! While it's not quite time to take down the decorations, it will be soon enough, like in the blink of an eye.

One thing that I know I am really thankful for is my partner. While driving me crazy, being so creative it takes me to the edge of my understanding, he is a fantastic person. Truly special. Also, so very lucky and blessed to have a mom that is more like a friend. She also loves her "grand dog", Miss Ruby and comes by most everyday to take her for a walk and generally spoil her with tons of affection and love.

Of course, all of our friends. They are all more like family then anything else. You all know who you are! How wonderful that we've shared some great dinners, great parties, great adventures here and in Costa Rica. Memories that just add to the already fantastic memories for years earlier. It's really a funny thing about the group of friends that all hang together, so diverse, yet so much fun to be with. A recap of the all the various trips and celebrations makes me smile...all I can say is thanks, such great people and such great memories.

Looking forward to writing about more wine and stories in the coming year. More adventures, more wine and more fun! 

So warm wishes to everyone! Have a Happy Christmas and a truly Spectacular New Year!

All my best, and watch for more exciting news from The Pig Jumped Over the Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment