Sunday, June 30, 2013

2009 Four Vines Amador County Zinfandel "Maverick"

So nice that it's Sunday. It has been pretty hot the last couple of days and working in the garden has not been happening except for early in the morning. Having grown up in Chicago, I am used to humidity but maybe as I've gotten older, I just can't stay outside sweating like a "whore in church"!
Now I'll get my fair share of stuff done, and then I hit a point where I'm like, enough already!
When you come in and drink your gallon of water and blow up like a puffer fish, shower and get all cooled down, you can think of a great "adult beverage"!

Today though, we're having some pizza, a nice deep dish from Chicago. you know today you can order it online and have it delivered to you the next day. Got love that overnight delivery! So, I decided to open this Four Vines Amador County Zinfandel "Maverick" and let me say that the taste is really, really good.

The aroma is very blended, with blackberry cobbler and cracked pepper. Soft, supple black cherry and licorice flavors a touch of vanilla, with a velvety berry/cinnamon finish.

Wine Spectator gave this vino a 90 point score and it's easy to see why. Here are some notes about the wine:
"From dry-farmed, head pruned, old vine vineyards in the Shenendoah Valley--renowned for its old vine Zin vineyards which produce a wine that is chewy and spicy, rich with blackberry fruit and a hint of velvet vanilla oak. Blended with a touch of Syrah. All in Maverick's one-of-a-kind balanced and weighty style.

So give this vino a try and you won't be disappointed. It retails for about $19.00 and really worth a lot more.





No comments:

Post a Comment