Monday, March 24, 2014

2011 Zolo Gaucho Select Torrontes

Tonight I am having a glass of the 2011 Zolo Gaucho Select Torrontes after a truly wonderful day. We went up to the Huntington Garden and Library today on a truly spectacular Sunday. The weather was partly cloudy, however by mid afternoon, the sunshine was out in full force with a slight breeze.


So as I sit here writing the chef is immersed in dinner. Tonight some homemade Persian food of chicken kabob, ground chicken on skewers, There is a countertop of the various parts of the meal that will be part of the dinner, Persian cucumbers, Feta cheese, onions, tomatoes, and the famous addictive bread!  Can't wait to get into all that!


In the mean time just a quick reflection on the day. As we left the gardens late this afternoon, I perched myself outside the gift shop while the other half decided to peruse the inside. I strategically sat as watched the promenade of people that were both leaving and those arriving. Just a parade of fashion, epecially watching some of the women. All done up with heels! God Bless them, just strutting down the runway. Mostly clinging onto the arm of a friend, boyfriend or husband. 


I would say the people watching there is pretty high up on the list of "best places"!  Great mix of people and just watching and listening was better than TV!  Here is one story I'll share.  A man in late 70's or early 80's is guided over by his daughter. She says "I think we need to get you out of the sun, you've been in it most of the day!" He smiles as she guides him over, and she directs him to the shady spot under the umbrella on the wooden bench, he sits down with a slight groan, smiles and moves back to get comfortable. The daughter says she is going into the gift shop to look around and to get Chloe, who is related some how, probably the granddaughter.  As she leaves and turns back to give him the look of "I'll only be gone a minute", he smiles, and as he watches her enter the shop and disappear into the store, he slides over to the sunny side of the bench, smiles, closes his eyes and enjoys the March sunshine on his face, with a look of complacency and knowing he should be on the shady side of the bench, however, is willing to risk getting caught and listening to a lecture on the dangers of the sun.


So as I drink the wine and recount the day, I can taste the citrus and flowers. It has a great crisp finish and I know not only with this be a great vino with the meal, but a great vino with some Thai food or a spicy sea food like shrimp! Yep, this is a great vino that I suggest you pick up and keep around. Gives Chardonnay a run for it's money for sure and at only $14.00 a bottle, I'd say the Mendoza region of Argentina, will be producing some great wines from now and in the future. I have tried the other Zolo wines and they have not disappointed.


This vino made THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON! 











2 comments:

  1. Nice read...and thanks for the heads up on Zolo wines, I will be sure to have some on hand for your next visit....that is if I don't consume it before...lol Love your blog and your stories :)

    ReplyDelete