Sunday, October 14, 2012

2010 Corazon De Plata - Malbec Merlot

As I've mentioned in a few of my past posts,  fall arrived and I always enjoy the cooler weather and the opportunity to have a nice wine that helps you "warm up". You know, it's much nicer to have a pair of comfortable sweat pants, sweatshirt and either a book or magazine and relax with a great wine. Well last night was just that night.

Big Daddy made the announcement when he got home from work that we would be having a Tri Tip, would be seasoned with some Montreal Steak Seasoning and then grilled. Served with some mushrooms in red wine sauce (of which I did sacrifice some of my vino...such a good move on my part). Also some roasted cauliflower and mashed potatoes. You can only imagine how wonderful all of that tasted...yes, it was an awesome Saturday night dinner!

And Mike when you read this, that meat was so goooood. You know, real goooood!

So when I knew what we were having, I selected the Corazon De Plata - Malbec Merlot. This wine after I poured it into the glass and saw that deep dark ruby color, that had a wonderful aroma that gave you the scent of plums and ripe fruit, and a hint of spice. After tasting my first mouthful, it was bold. Great fruit flavors, plum, hints of cherry, a nice spicy and earthy finish.  Each time I took another sip, it just tasted more wonderful!

The winery is located in Argentina, other tan that, there is not much information! Estate grown in the Tulum Valley is about all I found online about it.

So the bottom line is, this wine was GREAT! Absolutely a great vino! Corazon De Plata Malbec Merlot retails for an amazing $12.99!  So get a bottle or two,or a case! This vino, MADE THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!



Lovely and refined, the playful '10 Corazon de Plata Malbec/Merlot shows up with plenty of ripe fruit flavors that simply dance on the palate; yummy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment