Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2010 Rodney Strong Cabernet Alexander Valley

Well on Saturday Big Daddy felt that he needed to some red meat in his diet. So much so, he brought home some what looked like brontosaurus T-bone steaks. Not kidding!  These could have fed 8 people. I had to ask what they were because at first, I thought we were having pot roast! He assured me that they were in fact T-bones and that I was just use to having a petite filet. He is correct on that. I really enjoy a filet, just love them so much! At any rate, he fired up the grill and the sizzle was soon heard in the den where I sat enjoying a glass of 2010 Rodney Strong Cabernet Alexander Valley.

Now I need to preface this with you knowing that Rodney Strong sent this to me to try. Now, I either like a wine or I don't. If you read my past post on a Chardonnay from them, I didn't like it. All that being said, on to my review.  When I opened the bottle the aroma was fantastic. Very rich in spice scents and fruit aromas. When I tasted the first sip, plum, boysenberry just a hint of vanilla. The finish was very interesting. It had some smooth tannins and earthy taste. It was really, really nice!

Now as we we enjoyed the meal, the wine was a great compliment, so this is perfect with a grilled steak. Hearty meal, hearty wine, great combo.

Miss Ruby, our Norwich Terrier sat between the two of us, not knowing which one of us to watch, just hoping for a piece of the brontosaurus T-bone steak. Which in the end, she was lucky enough to have a piece of. She however, did not get a taste of the wine. I decided after having it with the meal, I wasn't sharing any of it! 

This wine definitely MADE THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON! 

No comments:

Post a Comment