Monday, April 14, 2014

2009 Cambria Pinot Noir - Julia's Vineyard

Saturday night and just finished dinner. A wonderful homemade chicken barbeque pizza with a smoked buffalo mozzarella and fresh cilantro from the garden, all on a great pita. Now, here you have to have some salad as well, and a wonderful green salad with parmesan shavings capped the meal. So tasty and healthy too. The day was a busy one, first, I was asked to some "retail time" this morning by the general manager so, in order to keep my discount, which comes in so handy for trying these different vinos, I went and spread some sunshine and sold the heck out of various wines and a cadre of Easter treasures to all our customers! 

Out by noon, I then hurried home to finish a couple of projects I had on the list. Now the weather was perfect for painting. One project was the repainting of the front and side gates, so that's what I did. Which reminds me of a story: While I wish I could paint wonderful landscapes, even though I have taken a watercolor classes, for some reason, my work seems to take on a very "abstract" look. Which really is quite funny. One year while on vacation in Yosemite, with the full on artist set up, I painted the landscape, the beautiful purple hued mountains, the crisp green pine trees and natural grasses that swayed in the wind...my painting looked so Picasso that it was comical! As a couple strolled by and commented how "lovely" my painting was! The same way that your mom gave you that confidence boost when you brought home your school artwork and placed it on the refrigerator. I thanked them, and put it on the fridge when we returned!

I chose the 2009 Cambria Pinot Noir - Julia's Vineyard that I had on the rack. I thought that the combo of this vino and the chicken and barbeque would be a great pairing, and it most certainly was!
Opening the bottle and pouring it into the glass velvety purple and ruby color
just looked so perfect. The aroma of red and black cherry, plum, rose petal, brown spice, earthy/mineral, toast and toffee. The taste is exactly the taste mirrors the aromas. The black cherry, plum, raspberry and spice plays with your tongue and has a wonderful crisp finish that leaves you wanting that next taste!

Here are some review of this vino:

92 points Wine Enthusiast
 *Editors' Choice* Another lovely Julia's Pinot from Cambria, at a fair price. With its light tannins and transparency, it’s definitely Pinot Noir, and the acidity testifies to a cool climate. You might even pick out the Santa Maria Valley from the crushed Indian spices. Subtle but intriguing cherry, cola and plum flavors round out the picture. Drink now-2015.                                                                                          
90 points Wine & Spirits
 A rich pinot with warm black cherry flavor, this is dark, chewy and broad. The tannins have a touch of smoky bitterness, needing a steak to bring them into line.


So don't walk, run to pick up a few bottles, I know I am! This wine retails for about $19.99 and certainly tastes like a heck of lot more.


This vino definitely made THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!                                                                                
               

No comments:

Post a Comment