Monday, April 21, 2014

2011Garnacha Buscado

The day is winding down, I'm in the garden listening to fountain and chickens as they wander around their enclosure getting that last bit of food before settling in for the night. Today was Easter! We had a great day by setting up camp at the beach. A top of the line picnic with crackers and homemade spreads of eggplant and red roasted peppers, and a white bean and artichoke humus as well as onion dip and potato chips, and deviled eggs as the starters.  Then on nice spring time designed china, we had ou lunch of fresh vegetable quiche and the famous 12 layer salad. Of course a dessert of fresh strawbery shortcake topped with fresh whipping cream!

One we got home, unloaded the car and put things away, I decided to try a wine from Spain, 2011 Garnacha Buscado. When I was wondering through the store with my coupon in hand,on Saturday, I read the various reviews and this one scored a 93! A fricken 93 for a wine that retails for $9.95. I had to snap it up! I even buried it in my cart hoping no one else would see this unknown gem.


So it said to chill it to 59 degrees by putting it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. So the perfect to jump in the shower then try a nice glass of vino. So as I pour the wine into the glass the color is vivid with a deep purple and then the hints of garnet. Really, really lovely. The taste is amazing! The overtones of blackberry and black cherry is so refreshing, it really says "Summer". The finish is crisp and this vino has some serious "legs". After an official taste from the head chef here at 336, I was advised to go directly back and pick up at least 6 more bottles!


Now, this is perfect to combine for any casual dinner. I just learned that ours will be a light one. A tossed green salad and spanakopita and some baked fried green tomatoes! Can't wait I think this will the perfect combo!

So pick up a  few bottles, once I have picked up mine!  As I mentioned this wine is only $9.95 a bottle and MADE THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!



No comments:

Post a Comment