Sunday, August 26, 2012

2008 Chariot Gypsy Red Table Wine

So today is Sunday. Today is also been a prefect day here in Orange, California. I did some errands in the morning, for me it's the usual. Some coffee in the morning a quick review of the Target sale flyer then off to start my routine. For years I've worked 6 days a week, and Sunday was my only day to do what I wanted. Well not exactly what I wanted, we have a system here. Whereby one Sunday is mine, and one Sunday is Big Daddy's. What that translates to is, one Sunday I get to garden or go to the beach, and on Big Daddy's Sunday, we do things like, Venice Beach or art and food venues.

This is my Sunday! Woo Hoo! So after several hours gardening, I am out enjoying the fruits of my labor. Sitting out on the deck relaxing as the sun starts it's decent to close the day.

As I sit and relax I wanted to write about the wine I'm enjoying. It's a great red blend. The menu later is for some wonderful slow cooked ribs, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob and an heirloom tomato salad. (I just received confirmation from Big Daddy before publishing this.)

So here is some info on the wine:
"A red wine blend, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel and Sangiovese, sourced from vineyards in Napa Valley, Sonoma, San Joachim and Monterey, California."

That being said, it is a fantastic value! The color is a dark opaque crimson red. The nose is dark fruit, plums and light herbs. The taste is so rich and tad spicy. A bit of black cherry, strawberry and some blueberry as well. It has a very creamy finish, with a little bite at the end.

I think this is a great value. It retails for about $4.99. Yes, that's not a mis-print $4.99.  Once it comes out at the retailer though, buy it. It runs out really fast. We're lucky, our dear friend, Miss Lynn works at the store so she usually buys a case for us. ( I hope it's ok to say that, I think so, no last names were used!)

So when you do find it, BUY IT!  We served this at my birthday party a few years ago, and it was a smash! The theme was the "The Big Night",which was film a few years back, great movie, great food!

This wine is definitely one that "Made the Pig Jump Over the Moon".

No comments:

Post a Comment