Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cala Blanca Tempranillo 2010

About 6 months ago I was walking through the store and noticed an end cap that had the Cala Blanca line of wines displayed. The wine labels are the first thing that will catch your eye! They are colorful and in my case, really made me want to read more about them. I tried both the Tempranillo and the Old Vine Garnacha, which I'll share my notes on that in the future. 

So I purchased it and I have to tell you, I am so glad that I did. Once I opened it and poured it into the glass, you can't help but notice the very deep garnet color. Then as you lift the glass up to your nose, there was a sweet spicy smell with a great black cherry undertone. The I tasted it and, and WOW! Black cherry and currants really make this a bold tasting wine. The fruity flavor, with a great finish! As you let it open up the flavors become more apparent. I would use an wine aerator he next time for sure. I think that would really enhance the flavor.

This wine has a great taste is SMOOTH!  Affordable, you bet! Try under $10.00!  So be sure to check this wine out the next time you are shopping for a great wine to have around. You'll be glad you did!

This wine definitely MADE "The Pig Jump Over the Moon"!


Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment