Friday, August 3, 2012

Gen 5 Chardonnay 2010

As summer has heated up, I always like a nice refreshing beverage that I can enjoy and wind down with. So I went over to have a look at what would satisfy my thirtsy palate. As I moved things around in the wine refrigerator (another project I need to tackle) I pulled out the bottle of Gen 5. So glad I chose this bottle too, because I am here to tell you that this is a FABULOUS Chardonnay that is really refreshing and "OH SO TASTY" ! The flavor is well balanced with the crisp fruit of pear, guava and a touch of pineapple. The aroma is NICE too! You can smell the hint of vanilla as well sweet lemon blossom. A GREAT creamy finish as well.

The definitely opened up as it sat out a bit. So my recommendation here would be to let it breathe a bit, the taste really enhanced and the tropical fruit taste really came alive.

Here is some information from the winery: "For five generations our family has lived and worked our land in Lodi California, always striving to leave the land in a better state for the next generation. Grapes are harvested cold in the middle of the night and received at the winery immediately after picking for gentle pressing. Juice is cold settled for 48 hours then inoculated with special yeast that enhances varietal character and sur lie aging. Juice is fermented at 55F for 20 days, then wine is sur lie aged for 12 months."

They have a real winner here and I look forward to trying the Merlot, Zinfandel and Cabernet. They certainly have produced a REAL TASTY Chardonnay!


This is a really great wine and for the price of $14.99, it really has VALUE!

This really made "The Pig Jump Over The Moon"!
                         Give it a try and tell me what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment