Monday, August 6, 2012

Beringer Knights Valley Reserve Cabernet 2009

Let me start this post by saying, Big Daddy came home from doing some grocery shopping and said " I have a real taste for some good steak". I of course suggested that he barbecue some. He then said, "I was at the store and they didn't have the cut you like, so I took that as a sign." I love that answer it reminds me of the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, one of my favorites! Anyway, so we ventured to a great place in the canyon, the Trabuco Oaks Steakhouse. If you haven't tried it, you should! Here is the link: http://www.trabucooakssteakhouse.com/  So Mr. Mike, we are making a date for you try it because we know how you like your steak! They really have GREAT steaks and they have really GREAT service.

We decided to bring a wine with us. I chose the 2009 Beringer Knights Valley Cabernet. This was an absolutely perfect wine for a rich aged steak too! The flavor was really, really rich! It was a very ROBUST Cabernet! The aroma of the wine was really WONDERFUL. Plum, black cherry and hint of vanilla. The taste was really full and and mimic the fruit in the aroma perfectly. The finish was very smooth and polished. Very firm and nice...If you want a great wine for a nice aged steak, this is it!

Price wise, well our bottle was a birthday gift. Its over the $20.00 budget but this is really a great value. Retail wise it is about $40.00. The new 2010 is out so I am planning on buying a bottle. If you do see this one though pick it up...you will so enjoy it!

This really wine made THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment