Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2008 Clos Du Bois North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon

"This is Julia Child, bon appetit", I immediately thought of that when I got home. The house had a great scent as soon as I pulled into the garage. When I went into the kitchen to investigate, Bid Daddy announced that he was making Beef Bourguignon. WOW!  That has to be not only a classic, but such a great dish that blends great flavors especially, since the weather here has been really chilly at night.  When you smell that beef cooking slowly with all great vegetables and herbs, you need a really nice wine that will bring it all together.

I selected the Clos Du Bois North Coast Cabernet. When I opened the bottle, still admittedly very distracted by the wonderful aromas of the kitchen, the wine gave you the fantastic vibrant blackberry, vanilla and roasted coffee.  The color is a deep, deep garnet, it picks up the light and creates a beautiful sparkle.

When I tasted the wine, the plum and mocha with a hint of clove spice leaves your mouth with a beautiful finish of cassis. This wine is really, really a great choice that I could see pairing with a nice red sauce meat pasta or so many other great dishes.

This wine really is tasty, the retail price is about $18.00

I'm telling you that this vino really made THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON!

Give it a go.I think this one will really put a smile on your face.  Well that's it for now, Big Daddy made an apple cake with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I believe that this last bit of vino will pair well with this dessert also!



No comments:

Post a Comment