Sunday, February 10, 2013

2010 Central Coast Cupcake Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, I have another wine which surprised me. First, I would have never even thought about trying let alone buying a wine by the name of "Cupcake", but I am glad that I did!  You know the old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover". One of the stores I frequent was having a sale and this was one of the wines that they had. So after reading the write up I made the purchase. 

I decided to give it a try on Friday night. After a long week, well it seemed long anyway, I opened it up and settled in for a relaxing evening. With Miss Ruby at my side on the couch in the den, we had decided that it would be a evening to watch some taped House Hunters International and wait for the arrival of Big Daddy.

When I opened the wine you could smell the great bouquet that accompanied this beautiful garnet color in the glass.  The smell of dark cherry and blackberry were just wonderful.  As I took my first sip, I was not disappointed. The same great smell carried over into the taste. The fruit flavors carried through as well as some cocoa and light oak. The fruit melts in your mouth and this vino has a great smooth finish.

Here are some notes from the winery I found online:

“The Cabernet Sauvignon was cool fermented with frequent pump-overs in the early stages of fermentation to extract the soft tannins and color during the aqueous phase. Then the grape skins were pressed before the fermentation reached dryness to maintain the wine’s lush tannin structure. The must was kept cool during fermentation to help create a slower fermentation and allowed the wine to retain more aromatic properties as well as complexity of flavor and body. The wine was then aged in premium American oak barrels – adding richness and complexity."

Here's the bottom line, this wine tastes great and tastes like a much more expensive one than it is. I can certainly tell you that I WILL be trying the other varieties that they make. SO get out and buy a few bottles and give them a try. I know I'm making my shopping list! 

So now I'm going to back to watch my House Hunters International program, where a family searches for a new home in Spain, it looks just wonderful. I know I should hope to visit there one day, so many great wines there as well.

Until I can give you my tasting notes from Spain, give this one a try as you won't be disappointed.
It retails for under $12.00 and is quite smartly priced. This vino definitely Made the Pig Jump Over the Moon!

Big Daddy will be home soon, once he has a taste, I'm sure we'll have a nice dinner built around this wine for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment