Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2009 Maggio Old Vine Zinfandel

And the Oscar goes to...well it's Sunday, and the one night where Big Daddy will park himself in the den and watch the event for several hours. As for me, I will read my newspaper with occasionally peering over my glasses to see the various stars. Big Daddy will make comments on the dresses, the hair, the make-up, while I agree or disagree. At any rate, Big Daddy has some spaghetti and meatballs cooking with a fresh homemade garlic bread that is making itself known as the aroma has now been perfuming the house since the garlic cloves were cut up.  Can't you just imagine how wonderful our house is smelling!  The sauce too reminds me of dinners at Grandma and Grandpas house where Sunday was ALWAYS pasta, salad and fresh baked Gonnella Italian bread.
I've decided to try this Old Vine Zinfandel that I recently purchased. I like a Zinfandel and this one had a great price point so I decided to give it a try. When I opened the bottle and poured an ample amount into my glass (yes ample) the deep rich color like the skin of black cherry, glistened against the light. It's coloring could only be surpassed by it's delicious aroma. Fruit, spicy and a bit of chocolate perfume your nose as I tilted my ample pour up to my nose. When I tasted the wine, there is an explosion of flavor! I'm not kidding!  It is a jammy fruit taste of blackberry and smoke, spicy nutmeg and cinnamon, a touch of black pepper, chocolate with a medium body and a nice long finish...such a refreshing vino!

Now this wine has also placed in competitions, including the Los Angeles Wine & Spirits Competition where it won a 2012 Silver Medal.

The price point on this wine is pretty unbelievable, are you ready...$7.99! That's right $7.99! You can contact me here if you can't locate it near you. I'm going back to pick up a few bottles myself, because this is a wine that will age nicely on the shelf.

This vino definitely MADE THE PIG JUMP OVER THE MOON! Taste it for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Pair it up with the Meatballs that Big Daddy has on his blog or some of his famous Brushetta. So very     tasty! http://bigdaddyscookingtonight.blogspot.com/







2 comments:

  1. This just made me hungry and oh so thirsty for this delicious wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed reading! This vino is tasty, just got another bottle for the reserve!

      Delete