Monday, July 16, 2012

Biography

Don Antonio


My Philosophy

Didn't want to do a a specific mission statement or plan for this thing, but I've developed a philosophy about wine over the years:
I don't claim to be a wine expert, but I've tried a lot of wines, taken a lot of notes, and studied up on the subject a bit to better understand what's in the glass.  My goal is to let people know that there are some really great wine that can cost very little. My target wine cost is under $20. If I can find them for less, then that is even better. Let's find wine that makes "The Pig Jump Over the Moon"! 
  • I'm willing to try anything from anywhere. I can't promise that I'll like it, but I'll give it a try. More often than not this has led to the discovering of a lot of fascinating aromas and flavors. Other times... let's just say that was a learning experience, and more than likely was poured down the sink drain!
  • I'm not a collector. I don't invest in Bordeaux futures and I don't have cases of vintage Burgundy sleeping in a cave somewhere. I have nothing against that kind of wine interest, but it's just not my me.
  • I'm not a wine snob, but I do believe that there are great wines out there that just need more digging around to find them.  
  • Wine needs to be enjoyed with food, and vice versa. Whenever possible I try to match a wine with a dish, or at least suggest something that would work. Everybody has their own taste, and that's why tasting can be so subjective.
So let's begin the journey of tasting some wines!

No comments:

Post a Comment