Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vina Borgia 2010

Okay, I have to admit, the label on the bottle is what first caught my eye! The bright colors of what looked to be glass beads from Murano captured my attention as the wine was displayed on an end cap.  I picked up the bottle and read that the winery was from Spain. So I purchased the vino and brought it home for a taste.


I have to say that it was a "zippy" and tasty red blend! Full and ripe,this rich and exuberant wine offers lots of black fruits and some raisin is the taste as well. A slight taste of raspberries and blackberry competing with that raisin!  With the finish, I tasted some fresh mint and firm tannins, adding to the sense of play.

The flavor seems to really "open up" as the wine is exposed to the air. I would recommend to decant it as soon as you open it. Really let it breathe! 

The vineyards for this wine are located 1,200 feet in elevation on chalky, white limestone soil and sandy soils with some gravel. Bodegas Borsao demonstrates what can be done with the Garnacha grape. This wine is one of the best examples of the region known as “The Garnacha Land of Spain.”

Really though, this was an excellent wine and the price was really awesome as well. Just $6.99!  
The meal I enjoyed this with was a  nice juicy burger which you can find on Big Daddy's Cooking Tonight. Here is the link: http://bigdaddyscookingtonight.blogspot.com/


This wine definitely MADE "The Pig Jump Over the Moon"!


Get a few bottles and keep them around...I have!





No comments:

Post a Comment